We are a community-driven Pilates equipment studio changing the world one killer workout at a time. Unleash your inner #SweatySuperhero
BECOME A PILATES MAT INSTRUCTOR
Develop the anatomical and applied knowledge you need to bring classical and contemporary Pilates sequences to life. Our exercise breakdowns, sensory cues, and movement modifications will help you to build a strong teaching repertoire and master the method.
Pilates Mat I/II Certification forms the basis of Ploome’s Comprehensive Teacher Training Program, though you are not required to enroll in our comprehensive program in order to complete Mat I/II Certification. Whether you are a current Pilates practitioner or a seasoned fitness instructor, Mat I/II Certification is designed to provide you with a strong Pilates foundation that you can apply to your current practice or in a professional setting.
How is Mat I/II Certification Structured?
- This certification program requires a 5-10 hour/week commitment from each participant. It takes approximately 4 weeks to complete, with flexible scheduling available.
- Mat I/II Certification is composed of 90 training hours. These hours include group lectures, studio observation, practice teaching, self-study, and assigned reading.
- Two 20-hour training weekends are scheduled for March 9th-11th and March 23rd-25th. During these training weekends, we will meet on Fridays from 545pm-8pm on Saturdays and Sundays from 945am-6pm.
- To solidify your training, you will be required to complete 12 training hours in each of the following categories: studio observation; practice teaching; self-study; and assigned reading.
What does Mat I/II Certification include?
- Teacher Training Manual including photographs, written instructions, and anatomical cues for all exercises found in the classical and contemporary Pilates mat repertoires (beginner, intermediate, and advanced).
- Online Training Library, offered in collaboration with the Pilates Education Institute, which you can access anytime, anywhere from your computer or mobile device.
- Copies of Return to Life by Joseph Pilates and Pilates Anatomy by Rael Isacowitz et al.
- In-depth anatomy review and movement analysis for all mat exercises.
- Thorough examination of necessary modifications for prenatal, postnatal, rehab, and rehab clients.
- Studio observation, practice teaching, self-study, and assigned reading hours.
- Teaching trials and final examinations.
How much does Mat I/II Certification cost?
- Register by February 15th for $1250 (save $250)
- Register by February 28th for $1500 (regular price)
- You will be charged a 5% credit card processing fee at the time of purchase.
What happens after Mat I/II Certification is complete?
- Upon the successful completion of your Mat I/II Certification, you are eligible to continue onward in our Pilates Teacher Training Program by enrolling in Reformer I/II Certification or in our Comprehensive Program.
- As a Mat I/II graduate, you are also eligible for employment at Ploome Pilates. We are always looking to grow our team and would be happy to consider you as an applicant!