We are a community-driven Pilates equipment studio changing the world one killer workout at a time. Unleash your inner #SweatySuperhero
BECOME A PILATES REFORMER INSTRUCTOR
Advance your Pilates practice or hybrid Pilates instruction with a thorough examination of the Pilates Reformer, its anatomical functions, and its advanced offerings. Our program is designed to optimize your equipment experience and bolster your anatomical approach to teaching.
Pilates Mat+Reformer Certification is the second phase of Ploome’s Comprehensive Teacher Training Program. Although you are not required to enroll in our comprehensive program in order to complete Mat+Reformer Certification, you are required to complete Pilates Mat I/II Certification as part of your Reformer certification.
How is Mat+Reformer Certification Structured?
- This certification program requires a 5-10 hour/week commitment from each participant. It takes approximately 8 weeks to complete, with flexible scheduling available.
- Mat+Reformer Certification is composed of 180 training hours. These hours include group lectures, studio observation, practice teaching, self-study, and assigned reading.
- Two 20-hour Mat I/II Certification training weekends are scheduled for February 2nd-4th and February 16th-18th. During these training weekends, we will meet on Fridays from 545pm-8pm on Saturdays and Sundays from 945am-6pm.
- To solidify your Mat I/II training, you will be required to complete 12 training hours in each of the following categories: studio observation; practice teaching; self-study; and assigned reading.
- Two 20-hour Reformer Certification training weekends are scheduled for March 2nd-4th and March 16th-18th. During these training weekends, we will meet on Fridays from 545pm-8pm on Saturdays and Sundays from 945am-6pm.
- To solidify your Reformer training, you will be required to complete 12 training hours in each of the following categories: studio observation; practice teaching; self-study; and assigned reading.
What does Mat+Reformer Certification include?
- Teacher Training Manual including photographs, written instructions, and anatomical cues for all exercises found in the classical and contemporary Pilates mat and reformer repertoires (beginner, intermediate, and advanced systems).
- Online Training Library, offered in collaboration with the Pilates Education Institute, which you can access anytime, anywhere from your computer or mobile device.
- Copies of Return to Life by Joseph Pilates and Pilates Anatomy by Rael Isacowitz et al.
- In-depth anatomy review and movement analysis for all mat and reformer exercises.
- Thorough examination of necessary modifications for prenatal, postnatal, rehab, and rehab clients.
- Studio observation, practice teaching, self-study, and assigned reading hours.
- Teaching trials and final examinations.
How much does Mat+Reformer Certification cost?
- Register by December 31st for $2500 (save $500)
- Register by January 15th for $2750 (save $250)
- Register by January 31st for $3000 (regular price)
What happens after Mat+Reformer Certification is complete?
- Upon the successful completion of your Mat+Reformer Certification, you are eligible to continue onward in our Pilates Teacher Training Program by enrolling in the Comprehensive Program.
- As a Mat+Reformer graduate, you are also eligible for employment at Ploome Pilates. We are always looking to grow our team and would be happy to consider you as an applicant!